Prep Time: 10 – 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Level of Cooking: Easy
- 200 – 250 gm Crushed or Hand smashed Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 3 medium chopped Onions
- 2 medium chopped Tomatoes
- 1-2 chopped Green Chilles
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- For Garnishing,
- Chopped Green Coriander Leaves
- Green Chilli
- Heat a pan. Add 1-2 tbsp of Oil and keep it on high flame.
- Add cumin seeds and wait till they pop up.
- Add chopped onions and cook them till they turn light golden.
- Add chopped Tomatoes, Chopped Green chillies, Turmeric powder, Salt and Coriander powder.
- Mix them well, close the lid and keep it on low flame for 4-5 min.
- Remove the lid and smash the mixture.
- Add Smashed Paneer (Cottage Cheese) and mix them well.
- Keep it on low flame for 1 – 2 min and stir regularly to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Add Red chilli Powder, Garam masala and mix them.
- Swith off the flame and garnish the delicious Paneer Bhurji with Coriander leaves and lemon.
If paneer is too hard, add 1/2 tbsp of milk cream (top layer on milk) after adding Paneer.